COVID-19 Members Update
Update 3th June 2020
Dear Valued Member,
We would like to inform you that we will be announcing to our guests and the media our plans to re-open the resort on 20th July 2020. This re-opening date will be subject to official guidance from The NI Executive and clarification on the level of services that will be permitted.
It is with delight that we inform you of the appointment of Joanne Walsh as General Manager. Joanne was a founding member of the resort’s management team during its formation and over the past four years has played a key role in the success and development of the resort.
We will continue to keep you updated going forward on the resort reopening and proposed timelines for the reintroduction of our various services.
We hope you will continue to stay safe and thank you in advance for your co-operation as a valued member in these unprecedented times.
Lough Erne Resort Management Team
Update 20th May 2020
Dear Valued Member,
It is with delight that we see the return of golf tomorrow, Thursday 21st May 2020 at Lough Erne Resort with both Castle Hume Golf Course and The Faldo Course reopening to our members for the first time since Saturday 21st March.
The Golf Union authorities have instructed strict protocols which will be in operation at Lough Erne Resort. All members have an obligation to act in both a safe and responsible manner and if the rules are broken it could not only lead to membership suspension but the closure of the golf courses under government law.
Noted below are the guidelines that must be strictly adhered to whilst playing golf in line with the regulations:
- Members displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 must seek medical guidance and are not permitted at Lough Erne Resort.
- Physical distancing rules are to be observed by all members at all times in the car park, clubhouse area and on both golf courses. You must also take notice of the signage at all times.
- Play is restricted to: MEMBERS CASUAL GOLF ONLY during this first phase. There will be starter/rangers on duty monitoring this on a daily basis using the timesheet for each day. You must arrive 15 minutes before your tee time and make way to the first tee box on time in order to ensure fluent play.
- Tee times must be booked in advance through BRS online or by telephone direct to reception on +44(0) 28 6632 8051. It is a requirement that all players names are recorded by the resort on timesheets that must be kept for a period of at least 6 weeks to assist with contact tracing should the need arise. It is COMPULSORY to book a tee time with the name of every player visible on the timesheet. Do not book a plus one without a name or the reservation will be DELETED.
- Daily timesheets are restricted to 16 minute intervals on Castle Hume and 20 minutes on The Faldo Course for a maximum of three players per tee time. Under no circumstances will there be a fourball on the course.
- Access to the first tee box at both golf courses will be from Castle Hume Car Park area. Please walk to the first tee of The Faldo Course via the path along the 5th tee box and behind the 4th green (beware of golfers playing the 4th hole).
- The Hotel, Clubhouses and Academy remain strictly closed until further notice. Under GUI protocol the toilets on both golf courses also remain closed.
- As the resort is closed, you are not allowed entry through the barrier.
- The practice facilities remain strictly closed until further notice.
- Do not arrive on the first tee box any earlier than 5 minutes before your tee time in order to avoid a gathering.
- Golf buggy carts and golf trollies are not available for hire until further notice. (If you have a medical certificate please contact Barry McCauley, Golf Operations who will assist you).
- Observe physical distancing of 2-meters at all times on the course and remain patient under the playing circumstances.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until all members of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing ground.
- Do not exchange or share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
- If your ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area, don’t take an option under the rules that involves doubling back on your position on the course. Instead use an option that allows you to keep your position on the course.
- Do not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball under any circumstances.
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick at any time. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole using the thumb and index finger.
- Post round of golf, please return to your car and store your equipment in the boot rather than using a storage facility onsite at The Resort. Exit the car park right away. PARKING IS FORBIDDEN ALONG THE PUBLIC ROADSIDE ADJACENT TO THE BARRIER AT ALL TIMES. Until further notice the small area at the front of Castle Hume Clubhouse can be used during this period for parking.
- For any member who has items in storage please contact Barry McCauley, Golf Operations or the hotel reception to organise collection onsite +44(0)28 6632 8051
It is imperative that all members strictly adhere to the guidelines set in place at Lough Erne Resort.
Barry McCauley is contactable via his mobile phone on +44(0)7955018196 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively please report to a starter/ranger on duty.
In regards to memberships, Frank McHugh, Accounts Department will respond to membership enquiries from Monday 25th May. There will also be a detailed guideline sent out in regards to the return of Membership subscriptions for 2020.
On behalf of the resort I take this opportunity to wish you all a safe and successful return to the golf course from Thursday 21st May. I will continue to keep you up to date in line with updated protocols and guidance, including the reopening of the resort when the time is right.
Yours in Golf,
Lough Erne Resort Golf Operations
Update 21st March 2020
Dear Valued Member,
We hope you are keeping well and staying safe.
To ensure you our valued members 'stay at home' under new government guidance we have taken the decision to temporarily close all golf facilities at both The Faldo Course and Castle Hume Course with immediate effect. As previously notified the wider resort closed on Saturday 21st March.
There will be no access granted to Lough Erne Resort during closure and this includes lodge grounds and The Collop Walk.
We will not be charging membership subscription from the 24th March 2020 to 30th April 2020. This is an ongoing situation which will be continually monitored. Please note: If your payment is via a smart debit collection, it will be cancelled for April and a credit note issued. Members paying by standing order will need to adjust their standing order accordingly. If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
In the interim we can assure you that we will do our utmost to ensure the resort, golf village common areas and golf courses are adequately maintained. It is also our intention to reopen the resort and facilities as soon as possible, subject to government guidance.
We apologise for the impersonal nature of our communication and hope that under the circumstances you can appreciate our need to communicate with you all as promptly as possible.
We hope you will stay safe and thank you in advance for your cooperation as a valued member in these unprecedented times.
Lough Erne Resort Management Team